I recently wrote an article entitled ‘What Strength and Conditioning Is, What It Isn’t, And Why It Matters In Roller Derby‘ on my blog, rollerderbystrengthcoach.com. My intention in starting the blog in the first place was to ensure that as many people as possible throughout our sport have access to current, professional level sports performance training information. Since it’s publication I’ve had numerous requests for more specific detail… Basically people now get what strength and conditioning isn’t, but they aren’t sure how to design or implement a program to take advantage of what it is.
Now they don’t have to.
Over the past few years, I have worked with surfers and paddleboarders in Australia, marathon runners on the east coast of the US, a hockey player in California, a sponsored physique athlete in South Africa, a rugby player in New Zealand, a swordfighter in Finland, and more than 80 other clients from all over the world through my online coaching platform. Now it’s time for roller derby athletes to take their rightful place.
You can check out how it works here.
The FitLAB Performance Systems Online Coaching portal is a magical place where you can:
- get all of your training assignments sent directly to your phone so you know exactly what to do and when to do it
- track your progress with cool visual graphs to help keep you motivated
- keep tabs on your nutrition
- participate in challenges and group competitions with players in your own league and in other leagues around the world
- get specific information about exercise form and tempo, video demonstrations and even form checks from your coach (me)
- earn cool badges and sometimes even nifty prizes just for completing your training session
- do a monthly group online hangout with your coach (again, me) and other roller derby folks so we can go over any issues you may be having with certain training protocols or specific lifts
- and a whole lot more
In addition to all of the awesomeness you get above, we’ll also forward a record of your progress directly to your derby coach or league training director upon request. Pretty cool, huh?
What does all of this amazing stuff cost?
$29 per month. Period. No contracts. No commitment.
This is 96% less than my lower in-person coaching rate. Ninety-two percent less.
By now you’re probably thinking, “that all sounds amazing and it’s affordable, too! There’s gotta be a catch!” Nope. No catch. We live and breathe derby and want to be able to give back to the greater community outside of our own league.
It’s time to decide what kind of player you want to be. Are you dedicated? Driven? Do you want to be the best that you can be? If so, you’re ready for the next level.